Frankly speaking, there’s life in books. Books have so changed my life that to live without it is a suicidal mission. Charlie Tremendous Jones once said, “You are the same today as you’ll be in five years except for two things: the books you read and the people you meet.” I cannot agree less.
As I have always advice, never think you can’t do something. I definitely never thought I could write, speak or blog, and even after I started them, I was like, ‘Oh my God, how am I gonna write, speak and blog?’ You just have to set your sights high and reach for the stars. To this end, I would say, book has being a great source of inspiration to me.
The first inspirational book I read that had a huge impact on my life was “The POWER OF POSITIVE THINKING” by Norman Vincent Peale. That was in 2010 when I gained admission into the university. It was an encounter with universal energy. The book taught me ‘how’ to think and not ‘what’ to think. From then till now, the lessons and experiences learnt from the book has inspired me so much to my passion. There’s no doubt that thought posses dynamic power.
Five of the great lessons learnt from this book include:
1. Believe in yourself and visualize your goals to see how small your problems are.
2. Every problem has in it the seeds of its own solution. If you don’t have any problems, you don’t get any seeds.
3. Throw your heart over the fence and the rest will follow.
4. Expect to get what you expect.
5. We’ve all heard that we have to learn from our mistakes, but I think it’s more important to learn from successes. If you learn only from your mistakes, you are inclined to learn only errors.
Now over to you… Let’s pump up the positive jam!
What’s the first Inspirational Book You Ever Read and
one lesson learnt from it? Kindly drop it in the comment box below.